[T10] Deprecation phase?

Knight, Frederick Frederick.Knight at netapp.com
Thu Mar 31 08:26:34 PDT 2022

We do also require the use of “obsolete” in a PUBLISHED version, before we can change it to “reserved” in a PUBLISHED version, before we can reuse that code.

So our policy requires a minimum of 2 PUBLISHED version of the standard before we can reuse it.  And that typically takes a very long time.

This is just an unwritten T10 policy, not an INCITS policy.

                Fred