[T10] T10/22-030r4 SSC-5 AM1: Volume Useful Life Remaining & Application Design Capacity updated

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 18 13:43:54 PDT 2022

I updated the volume lifetime remaining parameter to clarify that this is related to usage and not how long the magnetic recording can last (e.g., 30 years). Yes, somebody did ask me if this parameter was indicating how much of 30 years the cartridge had left. :-)
I also changed "indicates" to "contains" so it matches the rest of the parameters in log page 17h.

Your PDF file will be posted at:

Kevin D. Butt - kdbutt at us.ibm.com<mailto:kdbutt at us.ibm.com> (He/Him/His)
SCSI Architect, T10 Standards, Tape Development Ecosystem
Office: 520-799-5280
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd.,
Tucson, AZ 85744