[T10] Deprecation phase?

joe at lingua-data.com joe at lingua-data.com
Wed Mar 16 11:48:49 PDT 2022

Further, ‘obsolete’ doesn’t quite mean ‘don’t do that’, so much as ’this is on its way out (i.e., deprecated) - if you want to use it, you need to look at a previous version of the standard for the definition:

“
3.3.5 obsolete

keyword indicating that an item was defined in prior SCSI standards but has been removed from this standard

 “

(SPC-5 r22)

Eventually, the status of a thing might move to using fields which get redefined as ‘reserved’ - that's the ‘don’t do that’ directive.
Joe Breher

Manager,
lingua data, LLC
(478) 2-Breher