[T10] Deprecation phase?

Ballard, Curtis C (HPE Storage) curtis.ballard at hpe.com
Wed Mar 16 10:29:44 PDT 2022

Mike,

T10 doesn’t use ‘deprecated’ but for these the committee felt that something like that was needed and started the process many years ago.  I didn’t look to see how many years back but I know it was quite a few.

The following statement is an example from the MODE SELECT 6 command description:
“Implementations should migrate from the MODE SELECT(6) command to the MODE SELECT(10) command.”

A corresponding statement is in MODE SENSE 6.

Curtis Ballard
Hewlett Packard Enterprise