[T10] STA's 24G+ Beer & Pizza Reminder

Haser, Alex Alex.Haser at molex.com
Fri Jan 7 14:36:02 PST 2022

Hi Ahmed,

Alex

From: Mohammed, Ahmed <Ahmed_Mohammed at mentor.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 4, 2022 11:52 AM
To: Haser, Alex <Alex.Haser at molex.com>; t10 at t10.org
Subject: RE: STA's 24G+ Beer & Pizza Reminder

Sent by an external sender
________________________________
Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your reply.

So, I understand that 24G+ is something new that is not released yet as a spec. I would appreciate your feedback for some questions here:

  *   Does it introduce higher speed than 22.5G or use the physical layer with same speed ? [AH]: 24G+ will continue to use SAS-4 for the PHY level.
  *   What will be the main advantage/differences in this new feature 24G+ ? [AH]: Too soon to tell. STA will release more information as it is available, but we should have something more concrete in the coming months.
  *   Is there is any plans for this feature release dates ? [AH]: Again, too soon tell. As we get a better idea about the scope of work to enable 24G+, we'll have a better idea about release dates.

Thanks
Ahmed