[T10] ZBC-2 complications for obsoleting 6 byte MODE SELECT / MODE SENSE commands

Ralph Weber roweber at ieee.org
Thu Aug 4 10:39:36 PDT 2022

ZBC-2 is in Public Review until 6 September. If changes to ZBC-2 are
sufficiently important, then one needs to follow the INCITS procedures
for submitting a Public Review comment before 6 September.

N.B. If a ZBC-2 Public Review comment is submitted, T10 will still have
the option of declining to make any requested changes.

All the best, .Ralph

P.S. Significant doubts exist about the possibility of INCITS and ANSI
agreeing that changes such as 'MODE SENSE' to MODE SENSE(10)' are
editorial. So, success on that path seems highly improbable.