[T10] In 21-081r3, change ZONE ALIGNMENT SETTING to ZONE ALIGNMENT MODE

Ralph Weber Ralph.Weber at wdc.com
Wed Sep 15 13:23:14 PDT 2021

A private email from one of the Zoom attendees for CAP has suggested an improvement to 21-081r3 ZBC-2 SBC-5: Adding Zone Capacities that are different from Zone Lengths.

Specifically, ZONE ALIGNMENT MODE field has been suggested as superior to ZONE ALIGNMENT SETTING.

Since the change is 100% editorial and really does make the field name more consistent with existing SCSI field names, I will be including the change in the r4 document.

This can be announced during the processing of Working Group Recommendations during the T10 Plenary tomorrow. If it is acceptable to T10, then r4 will be the approved document. Otherwise, I will prepare an r5 that contains the ZONE ALIGNMENT SETTING field name.

All the best,
.Ralph