[T10] Fw: [Scsita-sta-marcom] Zoom Meeting Invitation - STA's Hybrid 24G SAS Plugfest

Alvin Cox alvin.cox at seagate.com
Wed Mar 17 11:51:47 PDT 2021

Non-NDA SAS-4 plugfest planning calls

Alvin Cox
Seagate Technology, LLC
Cell 405-206-4809
E-Mail  alvin.cox at seagate.com<mailto:alvin.cox at seagate.com>
________________________________
From: scsita-sta-marcom-bounces at scsita.org <scsita-sta-marcom-bounces at scsita.org> on behalf of David So <dso at scsita.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 12:54 PM
To: marcom at scsita.org <marcom at scsita.org>; plugfest-general at scsita.org <plugfest-general at scsita.org>
Subject: [Scsita-sta-marcom] Zoom Meeting Invitation - STA's Hybrid 24G SAS Plugfest

Hello Past and Potential Future SAS Plugfest Participants,

STA will be hosting a hybrid 24G SAS Plugfest in partnership with the University of New Hampshire InterOperability Lab (UNH-IOL).  We will begin weekly one-hour planning calls on Tuesday, March 23, at 10:00 a.m. PDT.  The first three of these planning calls will be open to everyone, regardless of STA membership / non-membership and will not require a signed NDA.  Beginning on April 13, the planning calls will be restricted to STA member companies who have submitted signed NDAs.  Non-member companies who have submitted signed NDAs will still receive pertinent information weekly, including meeting minutes and drafts of the test plan and schedule, but they will not be able to participate on the calls. I will send a separate Zoom meeting invitation for those subsequent NDA-only planning calls at a later date.

Why a “hybrid” plugfest?
STA recognizes the need to host a 24G SAS Plugfest, but we also realize that there is still a lot of uncertainty regarding company travel policies for the duration of 2021, and maybe some hesitancy to travel even when travel restrictions are eventually lifted.  After a number of discussions with UNH-IOL, we determined that a fully virtual plugfest (with all equipment shipped to UNH-IOL but no employees from participating companies physically in IOL’s labs) would not be feasible given the types of testing we’d like to perform.  So we came up with a hybrid format where testing will take place at various STA member company locations, with UNH-IOL being the keeper of the test plan and test matrix and being responsible for collecting, tabulating, and distributing all final test results and summary at the conclusion.

More details regarding the planning and testing timeline, registration fees, etc. will be posted on the STA website by no later than close of business this Friday.  An online registration page with a downloadable NDA will also be available at that time.  We’ll discuss some of these specifics and answer any questions you may have on the call on March 23.

Please note that there is a calendar .ICS file attached to the bottom of this email.  Simply open or double-click it to add the first three planning calls to your calendar.  And please feel free to forward this to industry colleagues who may be interested.

If you have any questions or concerns at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,

David

David S. So
Executive Director
SCSI Trade Association
dso at scsita.org<mailto:dso at scsita.org>
719-439-3990 (cell)
www.scsita.org<http://secure-web.cisco.com/11gm9I6j0l-hrMoW0zpE3n4_PUyfFOxvhfj-OCbnKWZzS_zIfx-UPcc390cPjMrjizKDJa5zwFJ7GbetmvTvkcSJd1nTfZ_4qhB5UM9lQqtnEpDyCeseGL3dYZ0-SyakfvwbOICC8CvnDj6dl5IOCaf75gPV9Y6qs7UthokK_wpPaDCpqc0WzPjuwB2qgnqBfyayRjSmq7BD0XRTAL5ICJDwSrfM1124aQTnujoDWrGt51oh0zztw5N816T4HQRbd6wv4n_0NZCa-F3RQ-sN2ro9P0sbLTDtmRz9TWYLfnx-5aSp9JfqUBr6KpXz52WS6if1C54NkkVU7wx0ibE0tVg4nKZzElIrSqPvmezk96Vj1hwcH0isjFFC7yAb9yetPlyxQG3e7uFsgswfFzXyFvfAyWwSb2GntelLuuPDdYq8/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scsita.org>

Topic: Hybrid 24G SAS Plugfest Planning Call - Open to All
Time: Mar 23, 2021 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
        Every week on Tue, until Apr 6, 2021, 3 occurrence(s)
        Mar 23, 2021 10:00 AM
        Mar 30, 2021 10:00 AM
        Apr 6, 2021 10:00 AM
Weekly: https://zoom.us/meeting/tJ0qceCopjkoGdzt7oQvDn3LpykUCor6OxJJ/ics?icsToken=98tyKuChqT0jGtyXshqPRox5B4_oXfTxiHpBjadHiEjqMjZ3bFDaJvtJB5FwAo7_

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/99769082238?pwd=c0RnTFhsZ0xrVW5CR0FweXlNclMxdz09

Meeting ID: 997 6908 2238
Passcode: 711425
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,99769082238#,,,,*711425# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,99769082238#,,,,*711425# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)