[T10] Time to ready options posted

Ballard, Curtis C (HPE Storage) curtis.ballard at hpe.com
Tue May 5 16:29:11 PDT 2020

To save time and work if we are able to revisit 20-041 tomorrow (Time to ready reporting) I have posted an update of the model we were working on in the meeting and have also posted a alternative under document 20-061r0.

The 20-041r2 document is reporting the time to ready in the command-specific information field of the sense data but I've reworked the "valid" bit using some input that we didn't get to discuss during the meeting.  I think the reporting validity works better with this version and could be helpful for making the command-specific information field more useful so this model is fine with me.

There was some discussion that maybe the complexity of trying to use the command-specific information field wasn't worth it and we should go back to the model that had been proposed in the first revision of this proposal which reported the information in the information field in the sense data.  I revised the 20-041r2 to specify that model and posted it as 20-061r0.

Curtis Ballard
Hewlett Packard Enterprise