[T10] Please review 20-002r1 and report to Bill Martin

John Geldman John.Geldman at kioxia.com
Thu Mar 12 13:40:34 PDT 2020

Bill,

Before I made my comment, I looked for it in ZBC-2r3 and did not see it. Here is the entire text of 4.7:

4.7 Sanitize operations

See SBC-4 for the definition of the SANITIZE command. A SANITIZE operation affects all zones, however some characteristics are dependent on the zone types (see 4.4) present in the zoned block device. The ZNR bit in the SANITIZE command controls whether a reset write pointer zone operation is performed on each write pointer zone as part of the sanitize operation.

So, I didn't accept it and still don't. Model clause requirements to model clause requirements are not consistent. There was no linked or simultaenous ZBC-2 proposal either.

John