[T10] March 10, 2020 T10 Florida meeting update

Bill Martin bill.martin at samsung.com
Tue Mar 3 14:02:05 PST 2020

The T10 officers met to discuss meeting plans for next week's T10 meeting. We are aware that there are potential travel restrictions due to the coronavirus and personal concerns about traveling at this time; however, we will be meeting in person as scheduled in West Palm Beach Florida. There will not be teleconference facilities provided for these meetings.

As this is hosted by the SNIA, the following SNIA policy is in place:

Out of an abundance of caution, we are asking all of our event attendees to follow CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and WHO (World Health Organization) coronavirus guidelines. As such, we ask that anyone that travels (or is in close contact with someone that travels) to or from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Italy or US hot zones as they are identified (or transits through airports at these locations) or have been within 2 meters (approx. six feet) for 30 minutes or more of anyone confirmed to be sick with the Coronavirus in the 3 weeks prior to March 10th event, please do not attend the INCITS T10 meeting.

The restrictions above are based on evolving US Government restrictions and Storage Industry Company travel policies/restrictions. If any of the above applies to you, or if you are from a country/company which does not comply with these restrictions, you should NOT attend this event.

This is the time of year when many are susceptible to the common cold and flu. As a general precaution, if you are showing symptoms (fever, cough, etc), otherwise feeling ill, we ask that you do not attend until you are symptom- and fever-free for 48 hours without fever-reducing medications.

Travelers should account for additional time required for health and temperature screenings at transport hubs and should check regularly for changes in travel guidance.

We will continue to monitor the situation for any significant changes and will send out an update immediately if there are material changes to the event status noted above.

Thank you for your consideration, and safe travels to those of you attending,
Bill Martin

Chair INCITS T10
Co-Chair SNIA Technical Council
SSD I/O Standards