[T10] Error is SBC-4, rev. 21, table 271 or 272

Bill Martin bill.martin at samsung.com
Thu Aug 13 14:48:49 PDT 2020

I believe that this error is significant enough that we should enter a public review comment against it and resolve that at the next T10 meeting and send for a second public review. If we do not fix this, we will have a standard that is broken for implementers. The only question is whether we could argue that due to the fact that it is indicated that the data structure in table 272 has to fit into this area, the numbering was an editorial error and fix it through the editor and contend that this is an editorial error.

No matter whether we need a second public review, this should be entered as a public review comment.

Bill Martin

Chair INCITS T10
Co-Chair SNIA Technical Council

NVMe Board of Directors