[T10] Website ASC/ASCQ lists

Ralph Weber Ralph.Weber at wdc.com
Wed Oct 9 14:49:08 PDT 2019

I have found the following ASC/ASCQ definitions in SPC-5 r22 that are not represented on the website.

00h/22h  DZ             DEFERRED MICROCODE IS PENDING
04h/24h  DZ             DEPOPULATION IN PROGRESS
0Bh/14h  DZ             WARNING - PHYSICAL ELEMENT STATUS CHANGE
21h/09h  DZ             ATTEMPT TO ACCESS GAP ZONE
26h/16h  DZ             FAST COPY NOT POSSIBLE
2Ch/12h  DZ             ZONE IS INACTIVE
31h/04h  DZ             DEPOPULATION FAILED

During the next few days, I plan to use them one-by-one to test the new procedure for updating the website ASC/ASCQ definitions. By week's end, they should all be there.

I am open to adding other ASC/ASCQ definitions that can be proven to be incorrectly missing from the website ... with the exception of definitions contained in any proposals that are approved for SPC-6 incorporation. It's only fair to let the SPC-6 editor verify the foolproof nature of the website updating tool when he does those incorporations.

All the best,

.Ralph