[T10] For Sept. plenary in Colo. Springs: road construction info for you

James C Hatfield james.c.hatfield at seagate.com
Tue Aug 28 06:35:35 PDT 2018

(source: Loveland Reporter-Herald, Aug. 28, 2018)

Massive I-25 overhaul breaks ground this week

The groundbreaking for the $350 million Interstate 25 Gap project, which
will add an express lane in each direction between Castle Rock and
Monument, will happen Thursday morning with Gov. John Hickenlooper in
attendance.

Work on the 18-mile segment, which will begin in early September, aims to
unclog a section of I-25 south of the metro area that frequently bunches up
during rush hours and on the weekends. The project will add a toll lane in
each direction while keeping the two free general-purpose lanes intact.

In addition to Hickenlooper, Colorado Department of Transportation
Executive Director Mike Lewis will also make remarks. The groundbreaking
ceremony begins at 9 a.m. at the I-25 and County Line Road interchange,
where El Paso and Douglas counties meet.

Aside from the additional lanes, the project will widen shoulders, replace
four bridges and build four wildlife underpasses. Construction will take
approximately three years.

Thank You !!!
Jim Hatfield
Seagate Technology LLC
   e-mail:  James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com
   s-mail:  389 Disc Drive;  Longmont, CO 80503 USA
   voice:  720-684-2120
   fax....: 720-684-2711
   cell...: 720-771-8914