[T10] Tape Stream Miroring incorporation into SPC-5 r11 feedback

Ralph Weber roweber at ieee.org
Mon Aug 8 02:46:58 PDT 2016

With the following exceptions, the changes shown below have been marked
for inclusion in SPC-4 r12.

  * The page 281 change is covered in a separate email.
  * On page 200, the editor prefers the e.g. because it allows a future
    proposal to define a second segment descriptor that starts a tape
    stream mirroring operation and not accidentally create letter ballot
    comment opportunities by forgetting to modify the cited text.
  * Regarding the TSMC bit discussion on page 201. Since the device is
    **always** the entity that sets the value in any VPD page bit, the
    editor is a big fan of removing "being set to one". To whit,
    requiring support for the bit is sufficient, which is what the
    modified text will say. Product specs and/or other mechanisms can
    define its value. Thank you to the reviewers for granting license to
    remove this text. It will be done.
  * The change proposed for page 280 will not be made because the cited
    sentence is the first sentence in the formal description of the tape
    stream mirroring segment descriptor. Especially in this location,
    the details which the proposed change would remove are essential to
    eliminating future claims that the standard is inconsistent.

All the best,

.Ralph