SAM Defintions of Optional

Gene Milligan Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Sun Sep 6 23:24:59 PDT 2015

_Date: 03-29-94 08:23:58 AM
_To: scsi at wichitaks.ncr.com@internet
_Recipient: scsi at wichitaks.ncr.com@internet
_From: Gene Milligan at SEAGATE
_Subject: SAM Defintions of Optional

The definition is much clearer than the proposals to improve the definition.

Charles Monia wrote:

>>(new item) page XZ: 2.1.xx applicable standard: Standard having
>>jurisdiction over the specification of the referenced item.
>>

>(new item) Page 12: 2.1.28 implemented: The referenced item from a
>standard is realized in the actualization of the standard. For standards
>complying with SAM, an implemented item is an item in SAM realized
>within that standard.  For devices complying with a standard (e.g.
>products), an implemented item is an item in that standard which is
>realized within that device.

The Webster definition of implemented is clear and applicable. The definition
above is circuitous and obfuscated.

Surely if we did not think the readers knew what implemented meant, we would
not have used "Implementors Notes".

--
Gene Milligan (Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com)
Seagate Technology   -   920 Disc Drive   -   Scotts Valley, CA 95066 USA
Main Phone 408-438-6550   -   Email Problems postmaster at notes.seagate.com
Technical Support: BBS 408-438-8771  Fax 408-438-8137  Voice 408-438-8222