T10.org switch over

Ralph Weber Ralph.Weber at wdc.com
Sun Sep 6 08:04:48 PDT 2015

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1509061_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

With the exception of the t10member FTP account, the kinks have been ironed
out and sandbox.t10.org is ready to become t10.org.
Since we are in the middle of a holiday weekend, switching now seems
advantageous.
Therefore, expect some network-access hiccups during the next 24 hours as
domain identifier records are updated.
The switch also features a new Reflector tool. Majordomo is out, Mailman is
in. Plenty of good times will be had by all dialing the new Mailman knobs to
each member's preferred settings (e.g., Mailman can be configured to send a
daily message digest instead of blow-by-blow traffic).
Other than the total absence of a t10member FTP account (see below), report
any issues to me using roweber at ieee.org, please.
The Gen X way of handling the t10member account password is giving the coding
team lots of grief. The nascent t10member account may have a password, but it
is not what the "Send me my password" emails say. When these hurdles are
cleared, the password change email (usually sent after a plenary) will be
sent a few days earlier than expected.
All the best,
.Ralph