SAT-3 LB comment resolution call today

Neil Wanamaker Neil.Wanamaker at pmcs.com
Thu Jul 10 07:50:03 PDT 2014

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1407100_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

New documents were uploaded last night:
2014/07/09 18:54:46
Your request to upload a file or files to the T10 site has been accepted.
Your PDF file will be posted at:
2014/07/09 18:56:54
Your request to upload a file or files to the T10 site has been accepted.
Your file will be posted at:
   http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=f&f=sat3r05c.pdf
This incorporates the changes voted at the last CAP meeting to use bit/field
names rather than numbers and other accepted comments up through the middle
of 9.11.1 Table 63. Clauses past this point are largely unchanged.
It is my intent to complete the sweep through the document and post a new
draft before Tuesday's meeting.
Figures 9/10/11 still need updated Visio (my version crashes when I try
updating the Visio in the document).
Some topics we could discuss include:
6.3: Should FPDMA non-data be included in the list?
Table 60 (and elsewhere): consistency in whether we should use (see xxx.xx)
or the ubiquitous unadorned 6.5 for the CONTROL byte.
Endianness of initialization patterns for FORMAT UNIT and SANITIZE
(HPQ-193/225). Meaning of "a data dword for translation to an ATA DWord"?
Other topics at the pleasure of the attendees.
Neil Wanamaker
Principal Engineer, Enterprise Storage Division
PMC-Sierra
1380 Bordeaux Dr., Sunnyvale, CA 94089
408.239.8277
neil.wanamaker at pmcs.com