Several ZBC proposals
Joe.Breher at hgst.com
Mon Jul 7 01:37:29 PDT 2014
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* Joe Breher <Joe.Breher at hgst.com>
I have tendered several proposals for consideration under ZBC. I'd love to be
able to present these in today's call.
14-181R0 2014/07/07 ZBC Discussion: Active zones and host
- a view of the transitions between zone conditions, and a means for hosts to
control where latencies due to resource management are incurred
14-182R0 2014/07/07 ZBC: Read across sequential write required
14-183R0 2014/07/07 ZBC: Read unwritten sequential write
- two related optional behavioral changes with indications thereof
14-184R0 2014/07/07 ZBC: Disallow unaligned writes for host
- why must we support unaligned accesses on conventional zones on host
managed zoned block devices? Just say no.
This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information of
HGST. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by
responding to this e-mail and then deleting it from your system.
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10