14-107r2 SAM-5 SPC-5 Command Deadlines Posted
Paul.Suhler at hgst.com
Thu Aug 28 12:55:40 PDT 2014
Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1408284_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>
Having received no answer to my question about Houlderization of the command
deadline mode page, I've revised and posted the proposal:
Changes in this rev:
* Incorporated suggestions from 26 August 2014 SAM-5 teleconference.
* Added the term "deadline command" to avoid restating the definition
of a command with a deadline time.
* Removed command deadline clock, so the mechanism for checking
timeout expiration is not specified.
* Simplified naming from "command deadline expiration time" to
"deadline expiration time."
* Removed the deadline time and expiration time attributes from the
* Tightened mode page specification to require that changed values do
not affect commands already in the task set. Previously this was vendor
* Deleted all changes to SBC-4.
Please let me know if the above has resulted in unnecessary vagueness or any
Thanks very much,
Paul A. Suhler, PhD
Research Staff Member
paul.suhler at hgst.com
o: 949-476-1180 x275448
3001 Daimler St.
Santa Ana, CA 92705-5812
More information about the T10