vhl in SAS3_EYEOPENING

Newman, Harvey Harvey.Newman at lsi.com
Tue Oct 22 15:53:21 PDT 2013

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1310223_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Hi Graeme,
Table 45 controls how a transmitter is allowed to be controlled by a
receiver.  Independent coefficient control including reducing the overall
amplitude using C2 is allowed. In this case there is not the restriction C2 =
1-|C1|-|C3|.
Table48 and Table 49 are controlling the simulation environment.  In these
cases we are being more restrictive. In Table 48 the amplitude is controlled
by K0 = 0.425 giving the minimum amplitude of 850 mVdpp. This is only the
case if we also impose the restriction C2 = 1-|C1|-|C3|.  In Table 49 the end
to end simulation needs to adjust the equalization but not reduce the
amplitude in much the same was as Table 48. Therefore both are correct but in
different cases.
While receivers are allowed to reduce the amplitude by adjusting C2 most of
the transmitter equalization test conditions are with amplitude at maximum.
Please let me know if there are any additional open issues.
Regards,
Harvey Newman
LSI Corporation
(408) 433-4028