Minutes of SMR Study Group July 18, 2013

Gerry Houlder gerry.houlder at seagate.com
Thu Jul 25 10:49:20 PDT 2013

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1307250_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Ric and Christoph,
Do you think we need to discuss the details of SMR recording with this
group? Or can we just say that SMR resuts in areas that must be treated as
"write sequential, read random" and not have to explain why? If we don't
have to explain this, we can focus more on discussing the decisions a host
system needs to make to use this type of device efficiently.

<mike.fitzpatrick at taec.**toshiba.com<mike.fitzpatrick at taec.toshiba.com>>,