XCopy and failure status

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 27 14:56:05 PST 2012

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1211278_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

When performing an extended copy and a failure occurs how does one
determine which device, the source CSCD or the destination CSCD, generated
the sense data related to the failure?
I can see how to discover which operation caused the failure, but I would
think the Parameter data for the RECEIVE COPY FAILURE DETAILS(LID1)command
should contain a pointer to the CSCD which generated the sense data.  The
same for the Parameter data for the RECEIVE COPY STATUS(LIDx) commands.
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
Data Protection & Retention
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com