MMC-6 Amendment #1

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Wed Nov 9 18:49:51 PST 2011

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Thank you John,
I transferred your email to Fuji reflector.
I have a question and a comment.
Question:
The subject of your email has "Amendment #1".
What is the meaning of the "#1"?
Please let us know the estimated procedure of this MMC-6 amendment work.
Comment:
The latest Fuji specification still has 5 bits length of the Highest Slot
Number
field. I think 5 bits length is included in 8 bits length. So it may not be a
problem. I'm not sure why MMC-3 expanded the field from 5 bits to 8 bits.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>@t10.org on 2011/11/10 08:43:41
$BAw?.<T(B:	  owner-t10 at t10.org
$B08 at h(B:  "keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp"
<keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp>
cc:    T10 Reflector <t10 at t10.org>
$B7oL>(B:  MMC-6 Amendment #1
* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>
*
Hello Katata-san,
The T10 Technical Committee is starting a project to prepare an amendment to
the
MMC-6 standard (ANSI INCITS 468-2010). I thought it would be wise call your
attention to this effort. The following documents may be of interest to the
Mt.
Fuji group:
Defect report on MMC-6 (T10/11-441r0)
Proposed draft amendment for MMC-6 (T10/11-438r0)
Please let me know if you or the Mt. Fuji group have any comments on the
draft
amendment to MMC-6.
Thanks!
John
---
John Lohmeyer		       Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
LSI Corp.		       Voice: +1-719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.		Cell: +1-719-338-1642
Colo Spgs, CO 80907
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org