[MtFuji] What device state should be saved before turning off power

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Mon Aug 22 02:08:09 PDT 2011

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Hi Atishay,
We discussed this item several times in Fuji meeting.
Please refer to "15.3.4 logical unit readiness after power supply is resumed"
on
page 544 of Fuji8 Rev.0.90.
Currently we do not have any parameters that host should save before Power
off
and should restore after Power on. Host should set some host's interface
settings and host's timer value (if necessary) to device at Power on. Those
settings will be stored in host side (on BIOS or HDD), may not need to be
read
|from ODD.
This is my opinion that the default value of timers for Power management mode
page in ODD should be the system default value when user did not change them
intentionally. Because the ODD is embedded on the PC system.
I would like to have any opinion from members.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
Atishay Kumar <Atishay.Kumar at microsoft.com>@avc-pioneer.com on 2011/08/18
03:49:47
mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com$B$KJV?.$7$F$/$@$5$$(B
$BAw?.<T(B:	  owner-mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com
$B08 at h(B:  "mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com" <mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com>
cc:
$B7oL>(B:  [MtFuji] What device state should be saved before turning off
power
Hello Mt Fuji group,
Is there any device state/information host must save (and restore later on
for
use after power on) before it turns off the power to a ZP capable optical
Drive? Example, mode pages.
The scenario is that media is not present and host is about to turn off power
after waiting for a specified time.
Thanks,
Atishay
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org