Attempting to get Power Management out of the REQUEST SENSE business
roweber at IEEE.org
Tue Mar 16 21:00:06 PDT 2010
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>
I have completed a first draft of a proposal to address
the multiple polling uses of REQUEST SENSE. The proposal
has the following goals:
1) collect all the changes for this problem in one place
without any distracting sideshows; and
2) get Kevin's Power Management proposal out of the REQUEST
SENSE business, and thereby expedite approval of his changes.
The REQUEST SENSE document is available as:
Since I have been forced by other pressing work to upload
this proposal without careful review, it should be a sitting
duck for critiques and corrections. I expect to hear from
you all as soon as the SPL letter ballot closes (if not before).
Having slogged through this mud once already, Kevin should be
primed to out-shine his usual red-pencil efforts.
All the best,
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10