READ (6), WRITE (6), et al.

Matthew Jacob mj at feral.com
Wed Dec 8 15:27:57 PST 2010

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1012081_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

I see no real advantage in obsoleting commands that have been well known
since 1984 *and* remain in active use today. For the random few people
still booting microVaxen, or even SparcStation 1 (I know someone who
still uses one as a desktop system), why shouldn't the be able to use
modern (through appropriate electrical dongles) storage?
Will drive vendors *really* reap *substantial* cost savings with this?