Hybrid disc related issue

Takaharu Ai ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com
Wed Oct 21 17:34:30 PDT 2009

* Takaharu Ai <ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com>
*
Hello Mt.Fuji people,
We, editors group, have received a comment which ponted out the Hybrid
disc model section was in contradiction with the command for that
function.
In the model section, the assignement rule of Format-layer number for
each Format-layer was defined as vendor-sepcific. But in READ DISC
STRUCTURE command with Format 90h, Format-layer must be numbered in
numerical ascending order of the Format-layer type code.
We have reviewed the meeting minutes of November 2005 Mt.Fuji meeting
and we realized that the definition in the model section had not been
revised according to the discussion result.
So, we would like to propose to correct the text in 6.3 in the Hybrid
disc model section as follows.
Current:
    Format-layers are numbered from zero and incremented by one. The
    assignment rule of numbers to Format-layers is vendor-specific.
Proposed:
    Format-layers are numbered from zero and incremented by one. The
    numbering of the Format-layer shall be in numerical ascending order
    of the Format-layer type code defined in Table 639.
Best Regards,
Harry Ai
VEBU,
AVC Networks Company,