MMC/MtFuji: Confusion in the interpretation of DVD Forum book for implementation of Close Track/Session command

David Burg David.Burg at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 26 09:18:26 PDT 2009

* David Burg <David.Burg at microsoft.com>
*
Well, I was not able to get the characters to work properly for a number of
people, but I also got answers from a vendor which pointed me to the
difference of context between the two drives and explaining the difference.
It turns out that one vendor was looking at the close session time while the
other was looking at the close disc time. So indeed two different aspects of
DVD Forum book were involved and two radically different close time were
proper.
Sorry for the false alarm.
With regards,
David.