Comments on 09-241r0 (SCSI Referrals)

Ralph Weber roweber at IEEE.org
Mon Jul 6 12:51:21 PDT 2009

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0907063_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

George,
I am having a little difficulty following which standards
need to be modified in what way.
4.14 appears to be changes in SBC-3, but 4.5.2 appears to
be changes in SPC-4. Specifically, table 2 looks like something
out of SPC-4, not SBC-3.
In any case, I would like to see the SPC-4 changes be limited
to using the Block Commands descriptor (05h) as the model for
how the new descriptor is defined in SPC-4.
All the best,
.Ralph