Response to 08-425r0

Bill.Martin at emulex.com Bill.Martin at emulex.com
Wed Nov 5 11:16:11 PST 2008

Formatted message: <a href="r0811052_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Brian:
I understood the need to detect the TRAIN_DONE primitive in the training
state; however, I do not see the reason that a TRAIN or TRAIN_DONE has to be
received before exiting this state.  The device will continue sending
TRAIN_DONE until a TRAIN_DONE is received, so the device that is later
entering the training sequence will see a TRAIN or TRAIN_DONE sequence during
its training process, and should be able to train on either pattern.
I would like to see the new item d) in 6.8.4.12.5.
I am sorry that I did not catch this part of your proposal in our discussions
on Monday.
Bill Martin
Emulex
Office of Technology