Removing

Bent Hessen-Schmidt bhessen at SynthesysResearch.com
Thu Jul 17 10:20:42 PDT 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0807171_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

I would support Mark Seidel. It is difficult to see where the
(150mVpp-84.85mVpp)=65.15mVpp of other common mode interference at the
receiver would come from. Cross talk is much less than that and any
interference would further be uncorrelated with the original 30mV RMS.
It seems that the receivers should be able to handle this unless there
is a problem with the current 150mVpp receiver AC common mode tolerance
specification.
Sincerely,
Bent Hessen-Schmidt
SyntheSys Research, Inc.
3475-D Edison Way
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650) 364-1853
www.BERTScope.com
________________________________
From: owner-t10 at t10.org [mailto:owner-t10 at t10.org] On Behalf Of Gourgen
Oganessyan
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:48 PM
To: t10 at t10.org
Subject: RE: Removing
While I agree that there may be an inconsistency between Table 61 and
Figure 125 (numbering changed in v14c), I am not sure I agree with the
remedy. Forcing the 30 mVpp RMS value across the board will impose a
high 84.85 mVpp TX common mode voltage limit at low frequencies < 300
MHz. At those frequencies the CM noise will not get attenuated to any
appreciable degree by the channel, so the receiver will be hit with a
large part of that, leaving very little margin out of the 150 mVpp RX
common-mode tolerance to account for other sources of common-mode noise
injection along the channel. I would be OK with revising the number in
Table 61 to correctly account for Fig 125, or else keep the 100-300 MHz
range in Fig 125 a low 12.2 mVpp flat line and going to a high 84.85
mVpp value after that.
Gourgen Oganessyan
Quellan Inc.
Phone: (630)-802-0574 (cell)