SMP frame - issue with maximum number of valid data bytes

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Sun Jan 27 18:48:11 PST 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0801271_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

We don't really use "fill bytes" in SMP, since the request and response
frames are always defined as containing structures that are multiples of 4
bytes.	The only one that does not do so is the ZONED BROADCAST request, but
it already defines a "PAD" field on its own to round up to a multiple of 4
bytes.
Removing the "fill bytes" concept would be a good letter ballot comment on
sas2r14.
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com