SPC Inquiry for Quad-Aligned Zero -- deprecated since SPC-4 maybe

Ralph Weber roweber at IEEE.org
Fri Jan 4 18:12:06 PST 2008

* Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>
*
Pat,
The only reason I am responding to this is to ensure that other
readers of this reflector do not get the impression that you have
a semblance of a clue.
The only thing you stated that is correct is:
 "[should be at least] ... means should not be less".
***BUT***
"should not be less" means "this standard recommends that the
value not be less". "should not be less" DOES NOT MEAN "this
standard prohibits the value from being less".
Please take your whimsical rewrites of SPC-4 r11 subclause 3.3
to some less rigorous reflector.
Regards,
.Ralph
P.S. You should have heeded the private warnings about the
pearls of pursuing this path.

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org