Query on detection of triple and redundant primtive sequences

pooja pooja.gupta at nsysinc.com
Wed Feb 27 04:47:42 PST 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0802270_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Hi,
I have a query on detection of triple and redundant primtive sequences.
As per Specifications T10/1760-D Revision 11,
For Triple Primitive sequences,
Receivers shall detect a triple primitive sequence after the identical
primitive is received in three consecutive
dwords.
For Redundant Primitive sequences,
A receiver shall detect a redundant primitive sequence after the
identical primitive is received in any three of
six consecutive dwords.
Also it is mentioned that,
Any number of deletable primitives may be sent inside primitive
sequences without affecting the count or
breaking the consecutiveness requirements.
Now, if we receive a sequence like this:
RP, A, A, RP, A, A, RP, A, A, RP, RP, RP
where (RP = Redundant primitive, A =  Align)
then will RP be detected? If yes, then :
1. it will imply the same logic of detection for redundant and triple
primitive sequences.
2. what is the use of sending triple primitives thrice and redundant
primtives six times if both
    are detected on reception of three identical primitives?
--
Regards
Pooja Gupta