Persistent Reserve In: READ FULL STATUS response

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 26 13:06:39 PST 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0802262_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Dave,
I agree.  It appears that the PRIn (REad Full Status) is not behaving
correctly.
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-2869 / 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/
"David Peterson" <dpeterso at Brocade.COM>
Sent by: owner-t10 at t10.org
02/26/2008 11:42 AM
<t10 at t10.org>
cc
Subject
Persistent Reserve In: READ FULL STATUS response
>From a trace I see the following:
PR In (Read Reservations)
-	   PRgeneration = 00 00 00 00h
-	   Additional Length = 00 00 00 00h
Good Status
* Given this response data there is no reservation held
PR In (Read Full Status)
-	   no data returned
Good Status
* SPC-4 5.6.6.4 states:
An application client may send a PERSISTENT RESERVE IN command with READ
FULL STATUS service action to receive all information about registrations
and the persistent reservation, if any.
service action the device server shall report the current PRgeneration
value (see 6.13.2) and, for every I_T nexus that is currently registered,
the
following information:
a) The registered reservation key;
b) Whether the I_T nexus is a persistent reservation holder;
c) If the I_T nexus is a persistent reservation holder, the scope and type
of the persistent reservation;
d) The relative target port identifier identifying the target port of the
I_T nexus; and
e) A TransportID identifying the initiator port of the I_T nexus.
My understanding is that although no reservation is held, the PRgeneration
value (00 00 00 00h in this case) shall be returned and the Additional
Length field shall be set to zero.
Appears this particular target implementation is not following the
standard per Service Action=Read Full Status in that it simply returns no
data if no reservation is held.
Comments?
?Dave