Persistent Reserve In: READ FULL STATUS response

David Peterson dpeterso at brocade.com
Tue Feb 26 10:42:17 PST 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0802261_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

>From a trace I see the following:
PR In (Read Reservations)
-	   PRgeneration = 00 00 00 00h
-	   Additional Length = 00 00 00 00h
Good Status
* Given this response data there is no reservation held
PR In (Read Full Status)
-	   no data returned
Good Status
* SPC-4 5.6.6.4 states:
An application client may send a PERSISTENT RESERVE IN command with READ
FULL STATUS service action to receive all information about
registrations and the persistent reservation, if any.
service action the device server shall report the current PRgeneration
value (see 6.13.2) and, for every I_T nexus that is currently
registered, the
following information:
a) The registered reservation key;
b) Whether the I_T nexus is a persistent reservation holder;
c) If the I_T nexus is a persistent reservation holder, the scope and
type of the persistent reservation;
d) The relative target port identifier identifying the target port of
the I_T nexus; and
e) A TransportID identifying the initiator port of the I_T nexus.
My understanding is that although no reservation is held, the
PRgeneration value (00 00 00 00h in this case) shall be returned and the
Additional Length field shall be set to zero.
Appears this particular target implementation is not following the
standard per Service Action=Read Full Status in that it simply returns
no data if no reservation is held.
Comments?
...Dave