INCITS Policy Regarding Document Access and Membership Benefits

Matthew Jacob mj at feral.com
Wed Feb 20 11:27:00 PST 2008

* Matthew Jacob <mj at feral.com>
*
I really do hope that you don't close of drafts of standards from
general public access. There many memmbers of the 'public' who are vital
to the process of industry acceptance and implementation of the
standards that are discussed in the documents for t10, t11 and t13.
There is broad acceptance, understanding, and cooperation around using
the standards promulgated by T10 and other committees due to past
openness.
A counterexample would be that of SNIA, whose standards are not visible
to non-members. I'd suggest that there is no common and broadly accepted
open HBAAPI just for that reason.
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, John Lohmeyer wrote:
> * John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>
> *
> INCITS recently adopted a new policy regarding document access, essentially
closing public access to most documents:

>  http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.08/08-115r0.pdf
>
> I've placed this document on the T10 agenda for consideration at the March
13th meeting. T11 considered this policy at their February 7th meeting and
have unanimously requested a waiver of the policy:

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org