TAS bit or other mechanisms

Alan Gess agess at istor.com
Tue Feb 5 14:49:18 PST 2008

* "Alan Gess" <agess at istor.com>
*
Hello,
One issue that I have come across over the years with SCSI is the "ping
pong" of hard resets with a device that has multiple initiators issuing
tasks to it. This occurs when one initiator reset the devices while
another initiator has tasks outstanding to the same device. I am sure
you all know about this issue.
I see a TAS (Task Abort Status) bit was added to help resolve this issue
but after testing four different manufactures of drives, only one
supports it.
My question: Is there another mechanism in place to prevent this or does
anyone have any ideas on how to overcome this issue?
Thanks,
Alan Gess
iStor Networks, Inc.
agess at istor.com