SCSI over PCIe?

Paul Suhler Paul.Suhler at Quantum.Com
Tue Feb 5 13:55:23 PST 2008

* "Paul Suhler" <Paul.Suhler at Quantum.Com>
*
I would recommend writing a device driver for the flash memory.  The
driver can present itself to the operating system as a SCSI device,
probably supporting the SBC-2 command set, i.e., it would emulate a
disk.  For Windows, this used to be a "SCSI Miniport" driver; I don't
know whether the miniport concept still exists in recent versions of
Windows.
The same concept should apply for Linux.
Paul
++++++++++
Paul A. Suhler | Firmware Engineer - Removable Storage Solutions |
Quantum Corp. | 949.856.7748 | paul.suhler at quantum.com
Disregard the Quantum Corporation confidentiality notice below.  The
information contained in this transmission is not confidential.
Permission is hereby explicitly granted to disclose, copy, and further
distribute to any individual(s) or organization(s), without restriction.
* "Jean-Christophe RAT" <jcrat at reflexces.com>
*
Hello,
I am totally new to the SCSI world, and am = trying to understand the
chart located here: http://www.t10.org/scsi-3.htm&lt;= o:p>
I am working a PCI-express board which = contains a Flash memory, and I
would like the Flash memory to be managed as a mass = storage by Windows
or Linux, that is in a similar manner that is used with USB = Flash
devices.
Looking at the chart, I thought I would be able to use the SCSI =
command sets defined above the yellow line, and have the appropriate
system = encapsulate and transport these commands over PCI-Express using
the relevant = protocol. Unfortunately, when looking below the yellow
line, I can find a UASbox = which indicates the protocol to be used to
transport SCSI commands over USBs, = an FCPbox for Fiber Channel, &,
but none to transport SCSI commands over = PCIe.
Does this exist, or do I have a wrong = approach?
Thank you in advance for your = help!
The information contained in this transmission may be
confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further
distribution of confidential information is not permitted
unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by
Quantum Corporation. Furthermore, Quantum Corporation is not
responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the
substance of this communication or for any delay in its
receipt.
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org