SCSI over PCIe?

Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
Tue Feb 5 12:57:55 PST 2008

* Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
*
You are correct. SCSI has only been developed for the traditional I/O
interfaces (e.g., Fibre Channel, SAS, USB) and not for traditional system
buses (e.g., PCIe).
	     "Jean-Christophe
	     RAT"
	     <jcrat at reflexces.						To
	     com>		       <t10 at t10.org>
	     Sent by:							cc
	     owner-t10 at t10.org
	     No Phone Info					   Subject
	     Available		       SCSI over PCIe?
	     02/05/2008 11:39
	     AM
* "Jean-Christophe RAT" <jcrat at reflexces.com>
*
Hello,
I am totally new to the SCSI world, and am = trying to understand the chart
located here: http://www.t10.org/scsi-3.htm&lt;= o:p>
I am working a PCI-express board which = contains a Flash memory, and I
would like the Flash memory to be managed as a mass = storage by Windows or
Linux, that is in a similar manner that is used with USB = Flash devices.
Looking at the chart, I thought I would be able to use the SCSI = command
sets defined above the yellow line, and have the appropriate system =
encapsulate and transport these commands over PCI-Express using the
relevant = protocol. Unfortunately, when looking below the yellow line, I
can find a UASbox = which indicates the protocol to be used to transport
SCSI commands over USBs, = an FCPbox for Fiber Channel, &, but none to
transport SCSI commands over = PCIe.
=A0
Does this exist, or do I have a wrong = approach?
Thank you in advance for your = help!
Phone = :
+33 (0) 169 870 255 (ext. 143)
 2 rue = du G=E9vaudan