SAS-2 rev.15 Missing Sync lost message definition

Samek samek at halstor.com
Tue Dec 2 16:12:57 PST 2008

* "Samek" <samek at halstor.com>
*
It looks to me that the DWS Lost message does the same job. I can hardly see
why there is a need for two.
These are however minor problems. I have much bigger problem with the fact
that the comma characters are so sparse in the SAS protocol, resulting in a
longer time to acquire synchronization, specially in the noisy environment
(please note that with a lower bit energy in faster rates the SNR drops
dramatically), which may lead to link resets - catastrophic from the
performance point of view.
Samek Mokryn
President
HalStor Inc.