FUJI7r093_dif.pdf

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Fri Oct 26 00:01:00 PDT 2007

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Hi Mike,
Sorry the correct version number is 2. The text body is wrong.
This is proposed by Toshiba. Toshiba said that some products have been
released
with version number 1 as HD DVD-R drive, and with version number 2 as HD
DVD-RW
drive.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
"Mike Berhan" <mikeb at bustrace.com>@avc-pioneer.com on 2007/10/26 13:19:09
mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com$B$KJV?.$7$F$/$@$5$$(B
$BAw?.<T(B:	  owner-mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com
$B08 at h(B:  <mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com>
cc:
bcc:
$B7oL>(B:  FUJI7r093_dif.pdf
Table 410:  HD DVD Read Feature Descriptor.  The "diff" indicator shows the
Version has gone from 1 to 2.
Table 412:  HD DVD Write Feature Descriptor.  The "diff" indicator shows the
Version has gone from 1 to 2.
There is a problem with the draft specification.  Although the table shows
that these two feature descriptors are now version "2", the actual text
description that follows states that "The Version field shall be set to 1h."
They need to be consistent.
In reviewing FUJI7r092 with this new FUJI7r093, I see no change in the
definition of this feature descriptor so I am not sure why it is now version
2.  Should they both remain version 1?	Version 0 was defined in FUJI6.
Thank you for the clarification.
-------
Mike Berhan
busTRACE Technologies