Question about SAS address of Wide Port

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Fri Nov 16 13:40:28 PST 2007

The port should maintain the same SAS address no matter how many phys are o=
perational.  The only way to change the SAS address is to rerun the link re=
set sequence (which transmits a new IDENTIFY address frame).  Changing the =
address would cause any outstanding queued commands from the previous SAS a=
ddress to be lost (I_T nexus loss will occur), invalidate any persistent re=
servation and access control settings (since they're based on the old SAS a=
ddress), etc.