Action item: RW-DL RMD Layer Indicator

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Thu May 31 19:23:58 PDT 2007

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Hello all,
Today, I have reported this editorial issue to WG6 chair.
1. "Last recorded address of RZone" field has the Layer Indicator
description.
2. When Grow recording after Quick Format is performed, "Last recorded
address
of RZone" field and "End sector number of RZone" field shall have same value.
3. Therefore "End sector number of RZone" field shall have the Layer
Indicator
description.
4. This change increase compatibility between R-DL and RW-DL.
5. So WG6 should add the Layer Indicator description at "End sector number of
RZone" field.
6. All companies of Fuji group understand that this is editorial mistake,
will
be fixed later.
If WG6 member of your company asked about this item, could you explain the
discussion in Fuji to the member.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
Keiji Katata
2007/05/22 16:57
$B08 at h(B:  mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com
cc:    T10 at t10.org
bcc:
$B7oL>(B:  Action item: RW-DL RMD Layer Indicator
Hello all,
In the May meeting, Mine san (Sony-NEC Optiarc) commented that RW-DL Part 1
may
have some editorial mistakes.
In the case of R-DL, the MSB of following 3 fields are Layer Indicator.
 -Start sector number of RZone #n
 -End sector number of RZone #n
 -Last recorded address of RZone #n
In the case of RW-DL, only "Last recorded address of RZone" field has the
Layer
Indicator description. The "Start sector number of RZone" field and "End
sector
number of RZone" field do not have the description.
R-DL and RW-DL shall be consistent. So this should be editorial mistake.
I think this comment of Mine san is correct. So I would like to report this
editorial mistake to DVD Forum WG6 chair as a chair of Fuji group.
Could you send your opinion if you have objection for my this action by May
31?
If I do not receive objection, I will report this error to WG6 at June 1.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org