SAS PHY teleconference 5/24/07, 10 am CDT: Definition of BUJ and T10/07-259r0

Larry McMillan Larry.McMillan at wdc.com
Thu May 24 10:33:18 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0705241_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Regarding the discussion in today's phy call regarding the definition of
bounded uncorrelated jitter (BUJ):  Here are a few references I found in
just the 1st page of results from a quick web search.  In skimming the
various papers/articles I didn't see a single definition of BUJ that agrees
with the definition put forth in T10/07-259r0.	It seems to me the views of
the rest of the world need to be seriously considered before we generate our
own variant definition of BUJ.	The links follow.  Comments anyone?
Larry McMillan
Western Digital
949-672-7687
Cal Tech Paper differentiates between BUJ and DDJ:
<http://www.its.caltech.edu/~hajimiri/pdf/Crosstalk_DDJ.pdf&gt;
   <http://www.its.caltech.edu/~hajimiri/pdf/Crosstalk_DDJ.pdf&gt;
http://www.its.caltech.edu/~hajimiri/pdf/Crosstalk_DDJ.pdf
BERTScope paper differentiates between BUJ and other non-ISI DJ:
http://www.ofcnfoec.org/materials/BERTScope_Testing.pdf
Wavecrest paper differentiates between BUJ and all other DJ:
http://www.wavecrest.com/technical/VISI_6_Getting_Started_Guides/6understand
ing.pdf
Guide Tech paper differentiates between BUJ and PJ:
http://www.guidetech.com/pdf/wp/GTW2004_BUJ_Characterization.pdf
Guide Tech paper differentiates between BUJ and and all other DJ:
http://www.jitter.com/pdf/wp/itc2004_JitterModelsforSerialInterconnects.pdf
EE Times Asia article differentiates between BUJ and other DJ, including PJ:
http://www.eetasia.com/ARTICLES/2003MAR/B/2003MAR16_HBM_NTES_TA.PDF?SOURCES=
DOWNLOAD