Action item: RW-DL RMD Layer Indicator

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Tue May 22 00:57:06 PDT 2007

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Hello all,
In the May meeting, Mine san (Sony-NEC Optiarc) commented that RW-DL Part 1
may
have some editorial mistakes.
In the case of R-DL, the MSB of following 3 fields are Layer Indicator.
 -Start sector number of RZone #n
 -End sector number of RZone #n
 -Last recorded address of RZone #n
In the case of RW-DL, only "Last recorded address of RZone" field has the
Layer
Indicator description. The "Start sector number of RZone" field and "End
sector
number of RZone" field do not have the description.
R-DL and RW-DL shall be consistent. So this should be editorial mistake.
I think this comment of Mine san is correct. So I would like to report this
editorial mistake to DVD Forum WG6 chair as a chair of Fuji group.
Could you send your opinion if you have objection for my this action by May
31?
If I do not receive objection, I will report this error to WG6 at June 1.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org