MMC/MtFuji: Clarification of media eject request event, external request events.

plavarre at lexar.com plavarre at lexar.com
Wed May 16 15:08:45 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0705163_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Some of us connected offline to discuss.
The frustrations of http://xkcd.org/c251.html aside ...
I join David in suspecting that devices today actually only tell the
host of eject requested while tray locked.
As a practical matter, many do not tell the host of eject button pressed
or of eject button released ever. And many do not tell the host of
anything to do with the eject button while tray unlocked.
Would be goodness to have our specs become clear on such issues.