SBC: transfer ready not on block boundaries?

Bob.Nixon at emulex.com Bob.Nixon at emulex.com
Tue May 1 13:46:30 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0705011_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

As far as I have been able to tell, our collection of standards permit a
transfer ready to be issued by a block device for an amount of data not
a multiple of the block size. This causes serious extra complexity in
the design of devices that support concurrent use of DIF and any kind of
cryptographic security.
Are there members of this distribution that know that non-block-bounded
transfer ready is being done? (This is only a check for existence. Do
not identify the product if you prefer not to.)
Are there members of this distribution willing to describe a noteworthy
advantage to doing it? How about for doing it efficiently?
Thanks in advance!
   - bob nixon, Emulex