Reminder: SAS PHY WG conference call, 3/29/07, 10:00 am CDT

Jenkins, Mike Mike.Jenkins at lsi.com
Wed Mar 28 17:40:59 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0703284_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

All,
Below are links to two 8G Fibre Channel documents describing test
patterns which I would like to propose for consideration in the 6G SAS
spec.  The motivation for new patterns is that scrambling made previous
patterns far too pessimistic.  Even in the unlikely event that a
CJTPAT-like pattern did occur, scrambling which includes the frame
header would now ensure that it did not repeat.
The 1st presentation describes what is now termed JSPAT, a 500-bit,
spectrally rich payload pattern for TX jitter testing.	The 2nd
presentation describes JTSPAT, a pattern with sequences like CJTPAT but
within the 1e-12 probability of occurrence.
*	SJPAT for 8GFC PWS and WDP,
http://www.t11.org/ftp/t11/pub/fc/pi-4/06-787v0.pdf
*	Proposal for 8GFC Jitter Test Pattern,
http://www.t11.org/ftp/t11/pub/fc/pi-4/06-655v1.pdf
Both of these patterns have been voted into the 8GFC draft spec.
Regards,
Mike